lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx_w32

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx_w32
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 09:53:11 +0900 (JST)

> > I just DL Lynx_w32.zip.  But I have no idea whatsoever to install this
[...]
> Start with
>
>  INSTALLATION
>  http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/INSTALLATION

Probably not the answer.  Advertise the use of INSTALLATION only for
people who are intending on compiling the sources.
I'd say "Unzip it" is the first step.  Under the breakout directory there is
enough information to get you started.  It assumes you have enough knowledge
of Windows95 or WindowsNT to install a new application by yourself.  There is
no setup program to do it automatically.  Basically, though, all you need is
a lynx.bat file to set environment variables (INSTALLATION could help you
there) and a *.pif file to launch the program.  You also need to edit lynx.cfg.

__Henry