lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV ALT text alignment problem (lynx 2.7.1ac-0.108 and earlier

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ALT text alignment problem (lynx 2.7.1ac-0.108 and earlier versions)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 17:55:53 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Foteos Macrides said:

>       The problems with ALTs for Lynx are going to escalate rapidly,
> because the latest versions of the Big Two browsers have started using
> ALTs as tooltips for GUIs.  I'm still thinking about what to do about
> it in Lynx, and won't be around for a while to read lynx-dev discussion
> about it, but will catch up the next time I'm in a position to log in
> here.

There will be the opportunity to caucus with representatives of
the Big Two and other browsers to try to come up with a solution
that works in all UIs in the Browser Guidelines Working Group
(WAI-UI) of the WAI which is starting up.  If you or someone else
with interest in and knowledge of Lynx were to participate in
that group, we will probably get better all-around answers when
it comes time to consense.

The WAI doesn't entirely know how to deal with the Lynx community
because of its loose structure, but there is a genuine desire to
listen and learn.

Check <www.w3.org/WAI/> for more information, or write to Jason
or me and we can fill you in with more background.

Al Gilman