lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:44:48 -0800 (PST)

> Recently downloaded Lynx386 from fdisk.com and blynx tonight.
> Neither of these will connect to anything, at all.
> This is all the time regardless of various settings (wattcp.cfg).
> What is it that I may be missing? I'm stumped.

The binary distributions come with sample wattcp.cfg files.  Is there
any chance that you have more than one wattcp.cfg, with lynx referencing
the wrong one?  Your trace with the internet node null makes me wonder
if the nameserver isn't set correctly in the wattcp.cfg that you are
using.  Have you tried setting wattcp.cfg using ip-up.bat rather than
bootp? Can the other internet programs that you indicate functioned also
work when invoked after shelling from lynx with "!"?
                                   Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)