lynx-dev

lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2dev 15 trace bug ?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2dev 15 trace bug ?
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 00:19:11 -0500 (EST)

I ran

lynx -trace URL

where the URL was some arbitrary site.  When I did a Q to exit lynx, I
got:
delete anchor:55/1,1,0
http://www.watercolor.com/projectsites/ImportCD/website/icd_html/icd_body_home.cfm

written to the screen.

I think that somewhere there is a trace line going to stdout or stderr
instead of to the trace file.

Another peculiar thing that I saw was that before using trace, lynx was
reporting Bad HTML ... turn on trace to get more info.  When I turned on
trace, I got a 9000+ line file - without a line saying "error".  I did
find a "Bad HTML" just now as I was typing.  It would be nice if warnings and
errors that are going to be reported to the user of lynx might be tagged
with a special string indicating in the trace where they are...  Would
there be 1 or 2 places in the code where I could determine that ? I would
hate to have to change many tracing lines...

--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>