lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Final dev15 patch for TEXTAREA edit feature (I hope)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Final dev15 patch for TEXTAREA edit feature (I hope)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 08:29:06 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Kim DeVaughn wrote:

> I considered doing that, but the one thing I need to solve before it
> could be implemented, is that of cursor movement to a specific line
> within the TEXTAREA.  [...]
>
> Anyway, I'll keep it in mind, but the cursor repositioning problem is
> the one thing that *must* be solved first.

How about returning the number of lines added from HText_ExtEditForm,
then the code in mainloop() after the call just increases curdoc.link
to MIN(curdoc.link+added_lines,nlinks-1).  I think that would be an
improvement for what is currently implemented, although it doesn't
help in your quest for a general moving function.

I think I would actually prefer the current page no. not changing as
a result of adding lines with an editor.

   Klaus