lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Final dev15 patch for TEXTAREA edit feature (I hope)

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Final dev15 patch for TEXTAREA edit feature (I hope)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 06:30:01 -0800

On Fri, Feb 05, 1999, Larry W. Virden (address@hidden) said:

| Re: how to position the cursor
|
| I myself would not be opposed to seeing, initially, the cursor positioned
| on the first line of the textarea - or even the previous link ... However,
| since there might not _be_ a previous link, I thought that if returning
| the cursor at the top is easy enough I would be happy to live with that.

Well, there are several choices on *where* to reposition the cursor
(I myself favor the 1st blank line of any trailing group of blank
lines), however that isn't the problem.

The problem is *how* to get it to move there.

In the TEXTAREA expansion case, it turns out to be dead easy to do
*if* the target line/anchor is on the same screen was the original
position's line/anchor.

However, when the screen requires scrolling to make the target line
visible, it is not so simple.  At least I haven't found the magic
incantation as yet (though in fairness, I haven't analyzed the screen
scrolling code to any great degree, so far ...).

/kim