lynx-dev

lynx-dev what are cascading style sheets?

From: mattack
Subject: lynx-dev what are cascading style sheets?
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 17:59:32 -0800 (PST)

Could someone give a brief description of what cascading style sheets are?

I know Lynx doesn't do them, but the following paragraph from the IMDB
newsletter piqued my interest:

>We began using the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) specification.
>Though the site is still usable by browsers that do not support CSS,
>the implementation of CSS has allowed us to tap into more advanced
>design elements and functions available in the 4.x versions or higher
>of Netscape or Microsoft Internet Explorer.

If implementing CSS would mean I wouldn't have to page through a few pages
of links in Lynx that show up as a column on the left in a GUI browser,
then by all means, someone implement them..  (I'm being somewhat non-serious)

(I would hope that horizontal-panning ability in Lynx would make those
links show up as a column on the left just like in a GUI browser, but
I'm probably mistaken..)