lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars and LYgetstr

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars and LYgetstr
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:49:28 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Laura Eaves wrote:

> Ok, I tried defining USE_KEYMAPS as 0 in LYCurses.h (if USE_SLANG)
> and got the same behavior.

That won't make a difference, since all the tests for this just
check for existence with #ifdef or #if defined(...).  You should
completely remove the define.

> I poked around in the keymap stuff to try and figure out what's going on
> but got rather lost in the mass of ifdefs and SL_... functions
> that I have no idea how to use.
>
> I think someone more familiar with slang could figure this out
> much faster than me...:) --

Possibly, if you give them shell access on the same machine you are
using, and maybe they have to use the same comm program...

> or if you don't have time, at least a
> hint or 2 on whwat the keymap code is supposed to be doing would
> help immensely.

Read samples/lynx-keymaps.

Actually, you can try to map those chars explicitly to their byte
values in your ~/.lynx-keymaps file, see whether that makes a
difference.

> Since changing to ncurses solves the problem I don't have quite so
> much incentive to take the time to solve the problem with slang.

Maybe dev.17 makes a difference, but I doubt it.

In case you still have _some_ incentive:

Have you tried setting TERM to something different?

Does "stty -a" show cs8?

Is there more than one libslang.* file, and the slang.h doesn't
correspond to the right version?

    Klaus