lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev bloating binaries (was clue)

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bloating binaries (was clue)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:03:10 -0500 (EST)

From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>

> I disagree with that.  Many questions to this list would have to be replied
> to with "First get a version that has the TRACE feature, then...", instead
> of just "Turn TRACE on".

I agree !

> As far as I can see, the function HTAA_checkAuthorization() and maybe
> the whole of HTAAServ.c isn't being used - I haven't tested it.

Is anyone on this list familar with any code coverage tools?  I know
from discussions elsewhere there are tools which can gather information
about what code is exercised during a set of tests, pointing one to
pieces of code either not used or at least not exercised in a series of
tests.

Some time ago it was proposed that members of this list who wanted to help
in the lynx effort but who had no programming experience could contribute
test files to test the various lynx features.  If we could revive that
effort, then figure a way to automate walking lynx thru the various
options, we might be able to do some quality assurance tests before new
versions hit the streets.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>