lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev gettext support

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev gettext support
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 09:29:20 -0500

On Sat, Feb 27, 1999 at 02:56:08PM +0300, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> Since Lynx now supports GETTEXT'ed statusline translations
> I think the comment from LYMessages_en.h should be rewritten
> as well as probably other referenses to this file (userdefs.h ?).
>
> Also, I was unlucky to find a "collections of alternate definitions"
> at  http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx.html
> - probably at another location but obviously out of sync now.

My idealistic view is this "_en" file should just go away. Until that
happens, users should be directed to ABOUT_NLS. The situation with
available translations is "in limbo" until some people post URLs with
message catalogs that are valid.

We have my faked-up French version, parts of a faked-up Italian one I
haven't finished, a Japanese version that Henry put together, and
rumours of a German catalog Klaus has done.  The "Free Translation
Project" has yet to issue a Lynx translation.

Sigh.

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says: