lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2pre2 on vms 6.2/socketshr

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2pre2 on vms 6.2/socketshr
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 19:29:51 -0400 (EDT)

> 11-May-99 18:11 Andy Harper wrote:
> > Previously I reported a problem with the VMS version of lynx failing to
> > build
> > with the socketshr interface. This was a sudden problem as it had built
> > under
> > some earlier versions without the same problem.
>
> > Well lynx 2.8.2pre2 exhibits the same problem.  Output enclosed below.
>
> > It appears to be a change to the headers files introduced somewhere around
> > pre24 which causes a mismatch in the socketshr headers.
>
> This may be due to John Bley's "unneeded" #include removal
> which can affect VMS indirectly (a wild guess).

no - the problem was including unistd.h in dev.23 (a Good Thing) but the
socketshr headers have conflicting prototypes (int verus size_t).  There's
a definition to set which fixes that (in my pre.3 patch, for retesting).

(Andy Harper sent me a full listing, which shows the problem, as well as
comments in DEC's headers referring to this problem).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden