lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev More than 80 character link

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev More than 80 character link
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 16:36:49 -0400 (EDT)

990517 Shel Talmy wrote to me:

please send your replies to  address@hidden ,
where a large number of potential helpers will see them.

> Can I direct you to:  www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/booknew.html
> This is the Carnegie Mellon site where I originally ran into the problem,
> and which continued when i accessed the setis website.

i tried `Road to Damascus', which downloads in a series of linked files:
you get a couple of pages, then `click to continue';
i got the first 4 or 5 , which have very short URLs.

> "Old Bush Songs" is in fact, the only text that sort of "downloaded",
> regardless of which book I tried to get.  "Old Bush Songs" continued
> to download, similar to a core dump.  I tried this several times
> to make sure that was the case and once let it get to around 5 megs
> before aborting.  The filed is around 300K I think.

that's not what happened to me.  to make progress,
choose a file you really want to download but have your problem with
-- ie an definite URL for a definite title at a definite site --
& i can see what happens when i try to download it.