lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Newbie question - Automating Lynx

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Newbie question - Automating Lynx
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 05:09:37 -0400 (EDT)

990529 Phil Laird wrote:
> I've been trying to automate my access to our companies share price
> via the Smith Barney Quotes Page using the command;
>  $ lynx -post_data -vikeys www.smithbarney.com/port_hold/quote.html
>   < ./QADI.txt > /tmp/QADI.out   [see below for details]
> When I do this I get the following reply from the server -
>> This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it
>> from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration.
>> Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.
> If I enter the contents of QADI.txt (minus the ---) into the page
> things are fine. I have reviewed the archive but still have difficulties.

using 2-8-2dev.19 on IRIX 5.3 , i get the same result as you:
i simplified the input file to  2 lines  (why do you need `+' & ` l' ?)
& don't use  -vikeys .  with a server error, you should alert the site,
but i don't know how it could distinguish the origins of Lynx input,
which should appear identical to the server.