lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev stopping when viewing a site

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev stopping when viewing a site
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 12:13:33 +0900 (JST)

> That's very strange - you propose an equivalent changes:

I don't "propose" anything.  I "get things to work" (as naive as the
solution may be).

> you replace
> > - static CONST struct unimapdesc_str dfont_replacedesc_fallback =
> > {0,NULL,0,1};
> > !        NULL,NULL,0,dfont_replacedesc_fallback,\
> with
> > !        dfont_unicount,dfont_unitable,463,dfont_replacedesc,\
                                           ^^^

> using one from def7_uni.h:

Yes, it seemed like the most economical way to do it -- and the way it
was done formerly -- (from this non- programmer's point of view) since
I couldn't figure out how to get the new "fallback" mechanism to work.
I was very suspicious, however, of the "463".  It seemed potentially
dangerous to me to have it static like that.

> But the last flag from {0,NULL,0,1} means "use fallback to def7_uni.h"
> according chartrans/readme.format, so you made an equivalent changes
> unless there is another bug somethere in UCDomap.c dealing with replace tables
> (I would surprized though since x-transparent charset DO fallback properly

x-transparent does NOT fallback properly (without either of Klaus' or my
patch).  Thus there may very well be "another bug somewhere."  Perhaps you
confuse x-transparent with UNICODE (UTF-8), which has no need to fallback.

> but I cannot test something CJK specific :)

You most certainly can.  Just go to the O)ptions menu and chose one of
the CJK "Display character set"s.

> So the problem assumed somethere else. Klaus was reporting a fix for
> LYUCFullyTranslate_1() - seems this is a source of the real problem in
> subject.

I suspect the same thing.  I should be able to test tomorrow.  (I can't
understand the code, so all I can do is test empirically :)

__Henry