lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "this client no spt HTTPS urls"?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "this client no spt HTTPS urls"?
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 13:49:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, David Combs wrote:

> This HTTPS-requirement on html-pages for ORDERING stuff is
> getting to be a pain.
>
> Any way around it when I am a mere USER of lynx (on my shell-account
> on the ISP netcom.com).  Disk space for my own version would cost
> FAR too much for the storage.

You can use the eassl or edssl daemon as a proxy. This takes about
370K of disk space on SunOS, once it has been built. You would have
to compile OpenSSL or SSLeay first, but it could then be deleted
or archived off line. You still have the RSA licensing problem to
deal with if you don't meet requirements to use RSAref at no charge
(assuming you are in the US).
                               Doug
__
Doug Kaufman