lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: this client no spt HTTPS urls

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: this client no spt HTTPS urls
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 10:45:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Webmaster Jim wrote:

> Following up my own message--I built edssl, and it has the same problem
> that openssl and Netscape have for that matter getting to the place I use
> for testing https; www.moxienet.com/lynx/. If someone has a few sites they
> would like to suggest as tests of ssl/https connections, please add them to
> the FAQ-o-Matic page:
>
> http://www.slcc.edu/cgi-bin/lynx/fom?file=22

The URLs I use for testing SSL are:

https://www.cryptsoft.com/~tjh/cryptocheck.php  (follow the "main" link)
https://www.fortify.net/sslcheck.html
https://mozilla-crypto.ssleay.org/cryptocheck.php
https://www2.liii.com/cgi-bin/env

Notice that the last two stopped working recently. The Fortify site tells
that I'm using a 168-bit key while the other ones correctly say that it's a
192-bit key. I'm using OpenSSL 0.9.4. Here's what the first two say:

Fortify
-------
|        You have connected to this web server using the DES-CBC3-SHA
|          encryption cipher with a secret key length of 168 bits.

Cryptosoft
|  Your connection uses EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA (keylength=192 bits)

Ismael
       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden     |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://ismael.cordeiro.com/    |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael |