lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: HELP! Widespread use of <BR><BR> instead of <P>

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: HELP! Widespread use of <BR><BR> instead of <P>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 09:49:38 +0100 (BST)

> Anytime you see a lynx-displayed article that
> shows what SEEMS to be paragraphs, but without
> white space between on "paragraph" and the next,
> please do a "\", and look for <BR><BR>.

You will also find lots of cases where a single BR has been
abused to produce exactly this effect!  Some people don't like
the gap between paragraphs (and forget that detailed browser
settings may make the boundary undetectable without them) so
use single BR between paragraphs rather than P around them to
get a presentational effect that doesn't have the gap.

I would say that BR BR occurs mainly in email, particularly
spam email, as that accounts for most of the HTML only email
that I get.