lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] new search engine

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] new search engine
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 11:49:38 -0400 (EDT)

Actually, if I follow this thread, Luke is correct.
Duckduckgo is not owned..by anyone but duckduckgo.
Bing is a Microsoft creation.
To discover this, I searched in google actually, the phrase
duckduckgo bought by Microsoft?
Then instead of reading search results I chose the news option.
there are several stories regarding duckduckgo's recent choice to join other search engines like google and bing, in filtering Russian propaganda and the reaction of duckduckgo users to the choice. many articles reference bing as a different tool, distinguish it from duckduckgo and the like.
The ability to afford ads does not mean the company belongs to another.
karen