lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] new search engine

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] new search engine
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 15:24:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jude,
Honestly,  I have no idea how that story got started.
I can find no information at all to indicate duckduckgo was aquired in this way.
Speaking personally?
Given how easy it can be for Internet information fabrication, especially if tied to social media sources, cultivate a practice of doing your own research. One of the most important professional development classes I have taken via the knight centre for journalism at the university of Texas at Austin covered how effortless it is, via bots and other tools, to falsify data on the web. While reporters have tools for verification, many well meaning souls unintentionally lead folks astray. what I suspect in this case.
Just my thoughts,
Karen