lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] 2-9-0: -assume_charset= does not override in-document charset

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: [Lynx-dev] 2-9-0: -assume_charset= does not override in-document charset=
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 21:03:29 +0100

Hello!

I stumbled over the above, ie.,

  curl -o x.html https://www.google.com

from here in Germany (in C.UTF-8 locale; but also Poland, said
a PLD-Linux developer) fetches a document that declares itself as
UTF-8, but in fact contains ISO-8859-1 (-2).
I had to copy the document and modify it, because -assume_charset
is overruled by the in-document thing.  It is documented, but
i find it strange.

Thank you for lynx!

--steffen