lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] editors and spell checking?

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: [Lynx-dev] editors and spell checking?
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:33:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,
I am helping someone resolve an issue, they have access to lynx, but the editor field is blank.
They are using Ubuntu.
While I can certainly tell them how editors are set for our shellworld configuration, I want to be sure of something first. In alpine for example there is a field for editor, and one for spell checking, I admit to thinking they worked together as in are software dependent.
Does lynx work the same?
meaning does there need to be one field for the editor and one for spell checker? or is it enough to make sure the chosen editor is configured to use the desired spell checker. meaning adding the editor will allow for spell checking as well?
Thanks,
Karen