m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Add arrows

From: bd satish
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Add arrows
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 00:52:56 +0300

Hi,

> We are now using /> and /< - so there is no conflict.

That was just an example. Just because mapping A and B don't conflict
doesn't mean we go on bloating hi-itrans.mim.
If it's not related to ITRANS, it should not be in hi-itrans.mim.
Isn't that logical enough? Feel free to submit a new
file say "puncutation.mim" containing whatever arrows, mathematical
symbols, etc. may be needed.

> Disagree. It should be useful for some m17n devanAgarI users. Otherwise, most
> people don't ever type य़् or ॼ्.

Disagree. Most people don't ever type → or ←  either.

--Satish