m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Add arrows

From: Vish vas Vasuki
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Add arrows
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 09:37:26 -0700

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
And, as the original intention of ITRANS is not for typing
Devanagari, it may have inconvenience and shortage when used
as an input method.  I believe it is better to provide
hi-itrans as an input method usable in a real Devanagari
inputting scene rather than a strick ITRANS but inconvenient
one.

> satiish yields सतीश, not सतीश् . . yields ।.)

Aren't them the improvements to overcome the inconvenience
and shortage of ITRANS used as an input method?

Both of the above are true, Kenichi.

In the same spirit, I want devanAgarI users to have as expressive and enjoyable a time as possible when typing. If a large number (not necessarily all or even a majority) of hindI and Sanskrit speakers love to use non-devanAgarI symbols in the midst of typing devanAgarI text - whether → or even emoticons ☺  - we should make that as effortless as possible. It does not matter what is or is not in some standard invented in 1990's.

Vishvas /विश्वासः