m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Add arrows

From: Vish vas Vasuki
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Add arrows
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 09:41:53 -0700

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
But, there are many symbols and it heavily depends on each
person which is the important ones.  Someone want to type a
few kinds of symbols very effectively.  Some other want to
type a wide variety of symbols, so easy to remember is
important.
true

I'm now thiking about adding a mechanism to switch to and
back from another input method by a specific escape key
(e.g. "/"), and allow users to customize which input method
to switch by which escape key.

Then we can add various kinds of input methods for symbols,
and allow users to use what he prefers.

That is a good idea as long as

a] this switching is easy [Even using ibus with m17n it is possible to switch through various input methods using a shortcut key. But doing so is laborious (I use 4 different input methods and cycling through them takes time.)]

b] We include some switches by default. [Many users don't want to have to configure things - Eg: I cannot expect my parents to make even simple changes to configuration files.]

Vishvas /विश्वासः