m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Issues in ne-trad and ne-rom

From: K. Handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Issues in ne-trad and ne-rom
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 00:04:28 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Santosh Pradhan <address@hidden> writes:

> We have been waiting for a response from Suyash unfortunately havent heard
> from him yet.

> These layouts were initially proposed by MPP and were handed over to LTK. I
> am not sure if LTK has made any changes to the original layout but the
> layout at http://ltk.org.np/keyboard_layouts.php does meet all requirements
> for typing in Nepali. I know it might not be wise to rely on solely my
> opinion but I would say that there are bugs in the current mapping and
> changes I have proposed here are fixes.

> Lets take each change individually
[...]

Thank you for the detail explanation.  Ok, let's adopt
your patches.  By the way,

> Line 91
> -  ("_" ?॒)
> the symbol  ॒ anudatta as it is called is also never used in Nepali text,
> according to LTK _ simply maps to _ underscore

We don't have to have such mappings in a mim file.  I found
several other unnecessary mappings (e.g. ("!" ?!)).  I'll
apply your paches, delete all such unnecessary mapping, then
commit&push the resulting mim files.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden