make-alpha

Re: A simple patch.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: A simple patch.
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:17:59 +0300

> Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 03:14:19 +0200
> From: "=?UTF-8?Q?Ram=C3=B3n_Garc=C3=ADa?=" <address@hidden>
>
> This patch is just to show my experimentation. It causes make to use
> the variable .OUT_OF_DATE, evaluated as an expression, for evaluating
> when to rebuild a target.

Ramon,

First, thanks a lot for working on this.

I have a request: how about if you explain a bit more about the
feature you want to add, from the user's perspective?  For example, a
few use cases that show where and how this feature would be useful
will go a long way towards explaining the issue.  Also, a short
description of the ideas you have for implementing the feature would
be great.  It is quite hard to reverse-engineer this stuff by looking
at the patches.

TIA