maposmatic-dev

[Maposmatic-dev] Question about abbreviations in i18n.py

From: Rodrigo Avila
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Question about abbreviations in i18n.py
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:08:12 -0300

Hi all,

in i18n.py, class i18n_pt_br_generic(i18n), we have "words" in APPELATIONS, right? But, what about "abbreviations"?

Example: here in Brazil, we have a lot of streets with name "R. Flores da Cunha" instead "Rua (Street) Flores da Cunha"; or "Av. Osvaldo Aranha" instead "Avenida (Avenue) Osvaldo Aranha".

In this map [1], the streets where placed in the 'R' part of the index; the avenues, on 'A'.

[1] http://www.maposmatic.org/rendered//043073_2012-04-18_20-42_PresidentePrudenteSP.png

--
Rodrigo de Avila
Analista de Desenvolvimento