maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [Maposmatic-contact] MapOSMatic and GErman Map Styl

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [Maposmatic-contact] MapOSMatic and GErman Map Style
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:49:56 +0200

Hello Sven,

Please keep the address@hidden list Cc'ed. Even if you're not a
subscriber to the list, I'll ack your e-mails.

Le Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:44:51 +0200,
Sven Geggus <address@hidden> a écrit :

> >  * It requires the name:de tags, which are not imported by the
> >    default.style provided by osm2pgsql and that we have used to import
> >    our planet PostGIS database. Since on our current hardware it takes
> >    ~10 days to import the planet, we don't plan to do a new import
> >    before the ODBL switch has been completed. I did workaround this by
> >    changing name:de by name in the differences places;
>
> Hm, Having german Language rendering is one of the Advantages of German style.

But I guess for cities located in Germany, the name= tag contains a
german name, no? It's only in cities outside of Germany that name=
might contain the name in a different language and name:de= the
corresponding german name. Correct?

> >  * It requires the hstore extension to be used, in order to access
> >    special tags. We haven't imported the planet with the hstore
> >    extension, since it isn't needed for the default OSM Mapnik
> >    stylesheet. We will have to study the size and performance impact of
> >    enabling the hstore extension.
>
> This is currently only used for one single type of POI rendering which can
> be removed easily.
>
> But talking about hstore consifer using the new osm2pgsql option
> "--hstore-match-only" which Frederik recently added (r28156).
>
> This will produce a database which is both, very flexible and hardly any
> bigger than a generic one.

Ok, good to know. We will have a look at this for our next planet
import.

Best regards,

Thomas
--