metacosm-dev

[Metacosm-dev] Talking parrot for M2

From: Mathieu Lacam
Subject: [Metacosm-dev] Talking parrot for M2
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 00:23:07 +0200

Hi all,

Raoul's parrot can now repeat what is said around it. You can test it but the
world needs to be updated by loading the new saved game or by using
auto_creation.

By the way, I had to give the parrot a BasicCreatureController to make it work.
It seems normal, but in the BCC, there is code specific to Raoul which should
go in a Role, in my opinion. So for the time being, Raoul's parrot says hello
as well as his master. What do you think about it? Should we create a new Role
such as GreeterRole? Maybe it could go in SellerRole (salespeople are expected
to greet their customers)...

There was a glitch in BasicCreature constructor which resulted in the Senses
not being registered in StimuliDispatchers. The setPlace occured in the
BasicEntity constructor, therefore the Sensorium was empty and the registering
did not happen. To fix it, I added a setPlace in the BasicCreature constructor,
but I'm not sure that's the good (and clean) way to go.

Waiting for your comments,

Elkine