microdc-devel

[microdc-devel] Features

From: Bill Bixby
Subject: [microdc-devel] Features
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:18:51 -0500

What new features do you think would be most important for microdc?
What would you like to see implemented the most?

 * Graphical user interface based on GTK/Gnome or KDE/Qt or curses?
   Why not? There are already other good GUI DC-clients for POSIX
   systems.

BB> Not at all.  This is the only dc++ text solution that we found really
works.  When it operates over a putty/ssh connection this is not required at
all.

 * Multiple hub connections
   Why not? It's easy to run two concurrent versions of microdc.

BB> This would be nice.  To run two copies of microdc for different hubs would
be useful... but not essential.

 * File hashing support
   Why not? What's the benefit - better searching I guess?

BB> You're right... why not.  But there are other things that are more
important I think :)

 * Retrying downloads and reconnecting to users

 * Better platform compatibility (please specify platform/system)

 * Caching and automatic update of your own shared file list

BB> This is our biggest requirement.  To be able to rehash from the CLI or do
it automatically at set periods would make life so much easier.

 * Bzip2 and XML file lists as supported by DC++

 * Move all code to CVS

 * Prereleases announced on this forum, more often, for bug testing

 * Something else (please specify)