microdc-devel

Re: [microdc-devel] patch for escaped xml characters in filelist bug

From: Steffen Schulz
Subject: Re: [microdc-devel] patch for escaped xml characters in filelist bug
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 14:48:11 +0200

On 070831 at 18:36, Yaohan Chen wrote:
> A few posts reported problems with remote files containing characters such as
> &. They were listed in XML escaped form, such as &, and the get file
> command sent to the remote appeared to also use the escaped form, and the
> remote would not be able to find the file. The following patch fixes these
> problems. In short, just add
>
>   xmlCtxtUseOptions(ctxt, XML_PARSE_NOENT);
>
> before the xmlParseDocument(ctxt) lines of both filelist_xml_open and
> filelist_bzxml_open functions in src/xml_flist.c.

I applied your patch, but others still can't download files with german
umlauts or other characters outside of (it seems) the ascii set. This
may be due to utf8, which is what all my filenames are encoded with.
Other programs work fine, so my locale settings should be fine.

I described the problem in earlier mails and it sure looks like what
your patch fixes. Still, I was unable to narrow it down. Maybe you have
some ideas?

regards,
/steffen
--
       #
 (o_  #                                                +49/1781384223