Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Theora doesn't finish the compile process cle

From: Thanos Kyritsis
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Theora doesn't finish the compile process cleanly
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 18:43:22 +0300

On Wednesday 02 September 2009, Volker Grabsch wrote:
> Dear Thanos,
>
> thanks for the time you took to report the error!
>
> However, the output you provided is simply too short for any
> serious analysis. For instance, I'm unable to compare your build
> process with a successful one and to spot the positions where
> they differ.
>
> It would be great if you could run the theora build again.

> Alternatively, you can run the current development version:

Hello again,

ok, I tested it with the development tree:
$ hg tip
changeset:   438:8e93be50e66f

It failed at exactly the same spot, during compiling theora. I'm going
to attach the log, it's 62kbytes, I hope it's ok :)

On line number 470 it's finished with configure and then starts make
(install) on line 498. As you can see, it has successfully compiled the
core theora components, but at some point it wants to compile API
documentation and stuff, line 758, it makes the pdf files. So far so
good, but on lines 777 and 778 it compiles a vp3huff binary and then
tries to execute it, passing a .tex as an argument (probably another
phase of Documentation building).

What mostly impresses me is that I'm the first (and only) one to report
this :) Perhaps configure detects "more than it needs" on my distro ? I
can see it finds doxygen, all tex related tools, etc etc. I guess if I
removed all those tools and configure would not locate them, then it
wouldn't build documentation at all and perhaps this error wouldn't
occur (?)

That's an interesting point to compare with your successful build. I
think on my system it tries to compile theora with all "features" (on
lines 470 - 479 it's a "yes" for every possible configured thing).

--
Thanos Kyritsis <djart at linux.gr>

- What's your ONE purpose in life ?
- To explode, of course! ;-)