Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.8

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.8
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 01:31:18 +0200

Martin Lambers <address@hidden> schrieb:
> With today's development version (20090906) and 'make JOBS=4', I get a
> build failure with package theora on Debian lenny amd64.

Thanks for your analysis. It seems to be the same issue Thanos
Kyritsis reported.

> This can be avoided by passing HAVE_PDFLATEX=no to the configure script,
> like in the patch below.

Thanks for the bugfix!

However, I'd like to state the intention more clearly, by
explicitly saying "don't build docs" instead of doing that
indirectly by saying "there is no pdflatex".

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/210d5f68cbd9

-    $(MAKE) -C '$(1)' -j '$(JOBS)' install bin_PROGRAMS= sbin_PROGRAMS=
noinst_PROGRAMS=
+    $(MAKE) -C '$(1)' -j '$(JOBS)' install bin_PROGRAMS= sbin_PROGRAMS=
noinst_PROGRAMS= doc_DATA=

I have been able to reproduce the bug and the change fixes
it on my own test system. Just to be sure, could you (Martin
and Thanos) retest the current development version, please?

    hg pull -u
    make theora

Greets,

    Volker