Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] OpenMP support

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] OpenMP support
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 08:56:15 +0200

Aleksandr Tishin <address@hidden> schrieb:
> >    -fopenmp
> >
> > or with:
> >
> >    -lgomp -lpthread -lws2_32
>
> When I using second variant directives like "#pragma omp" are ignoring
> by compiler but other OpenMP functions works fine.

Okay, that's good to know. So "-fopenmp" is to be preferred.

> Program with OpenMP compiles now but don't work properly. When I start
> it with Wine there is a message in console:
>
> > err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x413ab0 "?" wait timed out in
> > thread 0009, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
>
> It repeats every minute and program never exit.
> In native Windows program just terminates without any error message.
> It is not working at all.

I encountered a similar problem when building the GTK libraries.
It was a problem with mixing different threading libraries. I don't
have the time to look deeper into that issue, but I think it's just
a question of fine-tuning the ./configure arguments. The major work
is already done.

It would be great if you could play with the

    --enable-threads=win32

setting in the file "src/gcc.mk". Maybe something like

    --enable-threads=posix

or

    --disable-threads

will do the trick. Feel free to experiment with various settings.
After each change, just run

    make gcc

and compile/run your test program. This task needs some waiting,
but it isn't complicated work.

If you can't make it work, don't hesitate to ask again, and tell
us what you tried and how it failed.

Greets,

    Volker

--