Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libpng 1.2.39 is no longer available for down

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libpng 1.2.39 is no longer available for download
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:19:08 +0200

Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> schrieb:
> [ CC to the current libpng maintainer:
>     Glenn, you are welcome to take part on this discussion.
>     It would be great if you could fix the libpng URI scheme. ]

FYI: I just had an email conversation with Glenn Randers-Pehrson,
the maintainer of libpng.

As I guessed, the reason was in fact the bad JavaScript interface
of the SourceForge download pages. In the past, it was no problem
to put all stable versions into a single folder on SourceForge.
Now it is.

Libpng-1.2.39 is available again at its old URI, thanks for that!
This means we can go without a short term mingw-cross-env release
just for libpng.

However, it is only a temporary solution until libpng-1.2.41
is released, as Glenn will only hold the last two releases in
00-libpng-stable before moving them to libpng-stable. So the
current workaround needs to stay in place.
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/99ec72400ffe

Greets,

    Volker

--