Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt for mingw-cross-env

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt for mingw-cross-env
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:22:24 +0200

I have put together a makefile and patch for building Qt 4.6 "Technology
Preview 1" in mingw-cross-env.  Volker has a copy, and if he likes it I
hope it will find its way into the repo, be useful, and improve through
feedback.
This is great news! I currently use the prebuilt MinGW version of Qt,
but having a version in mingw-cross-env would simplify things a lot.
And it's even statically linked :)

Thanks for the work! I hope it will be included.

Martin

I am wondering if a statically linked Qt will actually be inconvenient for some people. This is because using statically linked Qt requires changes to your application source code if you use plugins. This could be annoying to people that just want to build application packages.

Details are here:
http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.6-snapshot/plugins-howto.html#static-plugins

-Mark