[Mingw-cross-env-list] what belongs in mingw-cross-env/usr/i686-pc-mingw

From: Mark Brand
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] what belongs in mingw-cross-env/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin?
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:05:49 +0100

Hi,

I am wondering which files are supposed to end up in
mingw-cross-env/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin.  I see 4 categories:

1. Executables that run on the build system and play a role in building
software for the target system.

2. DLLs for the target architecture.  Needed for preparing packages for
target system and testing under Wine.

3. Executables (.exe) for the target architecture. Some of these are
useful to have since they can be used as components in packages prepared
for the target platform. Can also be used for testing under Wine.

4. Shell scripts. A shell script could be intended for use on the build
system, but could also be useful on the target system running on MSYS.

Is it acceptable to mix architectures in "bin"?  I'm curious to know
what Volker and others think about this.  The issue of what to do with
".exe" executables come up recently when I was working on openssl and
freetds.

regard,

Mark