Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] GCC 4.4.1 (was OSX 10.6 workarounds)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] GCC 4.4.1 (was OSX 10.6 workarounds)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:33:13 +1100

> BTW, there are already TDM patches for gcc-4.4.1, but I
> wasn't able to get them to work. In the meantime we updated
> Binutils, but GCC-4.4.1 still doesn't work. It fails with:
>
>    configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
>
> I attached a patch to switch from GCC 4.4.0 to 4.4.1, in
> case anyone likes to work on that issue.

After much investigation, that error seems to be caused by a failure
to detect cross-compilation of libstdc++v3. I haven't been able to set
the cross-compile explicitly, and after a process of elimination, it's
the ehstatic.patch that is causing this, but I can't see where. There
are other errors (with pthreads) if this patch is simply excluded.

Oddly, not applying any of the patches allows the entire environment
to build successfully with much the same results across platforms as
the latest dev version. I'm not sure if the resulting
libraries/binaries will function correctly without the patches, but a
simple sqlite.exe works.

Regards,

Tony