Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gSoap on FreeBSD and OSX

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gSoap on FreeBSD and OSX
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:07:28 +0100

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:

> > FreeBSD requires bison (pkg_add -r bison) to build gsoap successfully.
> > The readme indicates yacc should work also, but I couldn't figure it
> > out, and bison isn't an unreasonable pre-requisite.
>
> Volker ran into the dependencies on flex and yacc/bison and pointed out
> that these are not requirements for mingw-cross-env. The generated
> files, sources for soapcpp2, don't come with the tarball. As I suggested
> to Volker, we could supply the sources with a patch if we don't want to
> require the additional tools. It's about 256K of source code, which is
> why I didn't post the patch here on the list.

I just uploaded the patch. Sorry for the confusion.
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/8c97eda44c60

I think this lex/yacc requirement is a misdesign by upstream.

It is generally considered good practice to include all automatically
generated files in the source tarball as long as they are system
independent.

That's why one includes 'configure' and generated source files, but
doesn't include binaries.

Maybe it helps to contact upstream about that issue. If they solve
it, we won't need the 256K patch in the future.

Greets,

    Volker

--
Volker Grabsch