Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Urgent problem: "windres" producing UNICODE

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Urgent problem: "windres" producing UNICODE text for menus/dialogs
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 02:31:20 +1100

On 5 March 2010 00:57, Ron Aaron <address@hidden> wrote:
> So far no response from the binutils devs.

Maybe ask on the mailing list, someone there might have encountered this before.

> However, looking at the code for windres, there seems to be some "#if
> defined(_WIN32)" in the file "binutils/winduni.c", which might explain some of
> the issues.  However, when I tried to add a "-D_WIN32" to the CFLAGS I was
> unable to compile...
>
> So this is going to take some research.  Also, I noticed the latest mingw32
> binutils src tar is identical with the stock one.

Did you try reverting to 2.19? Nothing in mingw-cross-env is
particularly dependent on 2.20, just replace the makefile:

wget
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/raw-file/a69aa7de9d10/src/binutils.mk
mv binutils.mk /where mingw-cross-env is installed/src/

2.18 would probably still work too:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/raw-file/298fbaa985ea/src/binutils.mk

Tony