Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Solving the Pthreads issue

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Solving the Pthreads issue
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 18:07:10 +1000

On 8 May 2010 00:59, Gregory Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, 7 May 2010, Volker Grabsch wrote:
>
>> IIRC there is at least one person on this list who requested
>> OpenMP support, and thus should be able to write a quick
>> "Hello World" that uses OpenMP.
>
> I asked about OpenMP and would be happy to write a simple test program. I
> may not get to it right away, though. Also, I do not understand the static
> pthread deadlock in detail, so I'm not sure how helpful that test program
> will be. If you just want to test that OpenMP is operable, I can do that.

I found this snippet at the OpenMP site[1]:

#include <omp.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
#pragma omp parallel
printf("Hello from thread %d, nthreads %d\n", omp_get_thread_num(),
omp_get_num_threads());
}

It compiles and runs in Linux with:

gcc -fopenmp hello.c -o hello.exe -lgomp -lpthread -static

The same using the cross-gcc compiles but doesn't run in Windows, and
there's no sensible error message.

At least it's a starting point.

Tony

[1] http://openmp.org/wp/openmp-compilers/