Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] trouble with libz.a and other libraries

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] trouble with libz.a and other libraries
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 02:25:11 +1000

On 29 May 2010 00:29, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> LZMA isn't part of mingw-cross-env, so leave it out:
>>
>> --without-lzmadec
>> --without-lzma
>
> Small correction: LZMA _is_ part of Mingw-cross-env. It is
> to be found in the XZ package:
>
>    make xz
>
> The XZ Utils are the successor of the LZMA utils. Both are
> in turn based on 7zip's LZMA SDK. See
>
>    http://tukaani.org/xz/

Curious circularity, from libarchive ./configure --help:

--without-lzma          Don't build support for xz through lzma

Reading the above xz link, I get into the container/compression
considerations that confound me with ogg/mpeg-4.

Are you saying there's a way to substitute linking lzma with xz?

Tony