Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] update: Qt 4.7.0 RC1

From: Luis Saavedra
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] update: Qt 4.7.0 RC1
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 18:09:05 -0400

2010/8/28 Mark Brand <address@hidden>

It's not really a comment, but is there a way to create pkconfig .pc files? I'm trying to cross compile vlc (http://www.videolan.org/) and it's configure script tries to detect QT by checking for QT .pc files.

That's a good question. Cross compiling qt for mingw uses qmake's win32/mingw makefile generator which does not have this feature. Only the unix makefile generator makes .pc files for Qt. There are also related definitions in the project files that are only for unix.

I think these are your options:
1. Add .pc creation to the mingw makefile generator and project files.
2. Make the files manually, maybe based on the files for unix.
3. Persuade vlc to build without them.

regards,

Mark

I'm trying to add the information to make a debug but I fail, I tried adding "debug_and_release" in the ./configure options (in qt.mk file) but still get the same error in compilling my program:

/opt/mingw/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.5.0/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/bin/ld: cannot find -lqtmaind

I think that is not build or not installed the libqtmaind.a object, any suggestions?

regards,
Luis