Re: freetds on FreeBSD (was Re: Freetds (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list]

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: freetds on FreeBSD (was Re: Freetds (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] changes pushed))
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 19:18:52 +1000

On 12 September 2010 06:35, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:

> Apparently the Windows stuff in include/fakepoll.h  stating at line 67 is
> not included on your FreeBSD system:

[...]
> Can you figure out why? Is there a clue in config.log? I almost wonder if
> HAVE_POLL is getting set somehow, but your log/freetds indicates that it's
> not set.

For some strange reason, autoreconf creates an empty fakepoll.h in
src/replacements. Removing this allows the build to proceed:

   cd '$(1)' && NOCONFIGURE=true ./autogen.sh
+ rm '$(1)/src/replacements/fakepoll.h'
   cd '$(1)' && $(LIBTOOLIZE)

I'm sure this isn't a real solution, but I can't see how this happens.

Later in the build, the new gawk dependency comes up. This is related
to txt2man in the doc directory, so we should be able to disable it
somehow. I installed it anyway, and the build succeeds.

Cheers,

Tony