Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtkmm (complete)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtkmm (complete)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 09:45:08 +1000

On 19 September 2010 05:13, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks. I had a look at the files, but there are some small open
> issues that should be fixed by you or Martin Gerhardy before I can
> including it:
>
> 1)  Please fix the missing line ending at the end of file src/cairomm.mk
>
> 2)  Please figure out the correct website for each package. For instance,
>    the official website of "gtkmm" is http://www.gtkmm.org/, not
>    http://www.gtk.org/.
>
> 3)  Please check the $(PKG)_UPDATE macros. If you don't, please leave
>    them empty so I know that _I'll_ have to fill them in. For instance,
>    the $(PKG)_UPDATE of libsigc++ refers to a non-existent URL, which
>    isn't very nice: http://git.gnome.org/browse/libsigc++/refs/tags

Okay, I've made all those changes, I'll leave the test programs up to Martin ;)

> Ouch ... a build system that requires a special perl module? WTF?

I tried to find a way out of requiring it, but it's fairly central to
the wrapper generation. They ship most of the pure perl modules that
are used, but this one depends on expat, so has to be compiled on the
native system.

> Anyway, thanks for figuring that out. FYI, the package name under
> Debian is the same as for Ubuntu:
>
>    Debian: libxml-parser-perl
>
> Would you mind formulating the new requirement as a patch for
> doc/index.html? The "Perl XML::Parser" should be mentioned in
> the general list, and the package names should be added to the
> installation commands for all mentioned systems.

I've updated all the sections; surprisingly, there's a package for
Open Solaris. See attached.

Cheers,

Tony