Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtkmm (complete)

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtkmm (complete)
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 21:13:03 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 18 September 2010 01:32, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 17 September 2010 23:03, M. Gerhardy <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> finally got gtkmm to compile and link. i've attached everything that
> >> is needed for this again.
> >>
> >> please report any problems
> >
> > glibmm is failing on OSX, log attached.
>
> Okay, these are all building successfully now, with the deps filled
> out for pangomm. There's also some strangeness in ./configure that
> requires MAKE to be specified on FreeBSD.

Thanks. I had a look at the files, but there are some small open
issues that should be fixed by you or Martin Gerhardy before I can
including it:

1)  Please fix the missing line ending at the end of file src/cairomm.mk

2)  Please figure out the correct website for each package. For instance,
    the official website of "gtkmm" is http://www.gtkmm.org/, not
    http://www.gtk.org/.

3)  Please check the $(PKG)_UPDATE macros. If you don't, please leave
    them empty so I know that _I'll_ have to fill them in. For instance,
    the $(PKG)_UPDATE of libsigc++ refers to a non-existent URL, which
    isn't very nice: http://git.gnome.org/browse/libsigc++/refs/tags

> There's a new requirement for a perl module - XML::Parser. This is
> used to generate *.c and *.h files from templates so can't be
> disabled. Some package names:
>
> FreeBSD: p5-XML-Parser
> OSX: p5-xml-parser
> Ubuntu: libxml-parser-perl

Ouch ... a build system that requires a special perl module? WTF?

Anyway, thanks for figuring that out. FYI, the package name under
Debian is the same as for Ubuntu:

    Debian: libxml-parser-perl

Would you mind formulating the new requirement as a patch for
doc/index.html? The "Perl XML::Parser" should be mentioned in
the general list, and the package names should be added to the
installation commands for all mentioned systems.

Greets,
Volker

--
Volker Grabsch