[Mingw-cross-env-list] Feature request: command to rebuild a certain pac

From: Bart van Andel
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Feature request: command to rebuild a certain package
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:38:33 +0200

Hi all,

I couldn't find a command or an option to forcibly rebuild a package within mingw-cross-env. This is sometimes needed, e.g. when debugging a library that builds without error, but causes problems later when it is linked to your program (a case which applies to me). Changing the .mk file and issuing 'make <pkgname>' won't work, since mingw-cross-env sees that it has already been built, as long as the package source version number / checksum hasn't changed.

Currently, it can be accomplished like this

$ rm usr/installed/<pkgname>
$ make <pkgname>

But it would be more convenient if it could be done using only the make command, e.g.

$ make rebuild-<pkgname>

Have I overlooked something or does this functionality not yet exist?

--
Bart