Missing pkg-config entries (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] updated gtk)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Missing pkg-config entries (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] updated gtk)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 15:03:19 +1000

On 25 September 2010 04:38, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> This doesn't look "right" to me. If the '-ldnsapi' is missing in
> the pkg-config script of gtkglext (gtkglext-1.0.pc), it should
> be fixed there. Please revert the test compile command to the
> minimum, as this is the way other people will use to build their
> programs.
>
> Also, is the package that contains the "dnsapi" library already
> mentioned int the $(PKG)_DEPS of gtkglext?

It's part of mingwrt, and there seem to be some others (winspool
comctl32 comdlg32) missing in the glib/gtk pkg-config trail.

I can see them in the Makefile.am, but my autotools-fu isn't up to
tracing this through to the final *.pc files. I *think* there should
be a PKG_CHECK_MODULES in configure.ac that eventually populates
GTK_EXTRA_LIBS, but then I get lost.

The easier way though, is just to patch the *.pc.in files. If you're
happy with that approach, I'll send through some updates for the other
missing ones.

Cheers,

Tony