Re: Missing pkg-config entries (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] updated g

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: Missing pkg-config entries (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] updated gtk)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 13:00:17 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 25 September 2010 04:38, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> > This doesn't look "right" to me. If the '-ldnsapi' is missing in
> > the pkg-config script of gtkglext (gtkglext-1.0.pc), it should
> > be fixed there. Please revert the test compile command to the
> > minimum, as this is the way other people will use to build their
> > programs.
> >
> > Also, is the package that contains the "dnsapi" library already
> > mentioned int the $(PKG)_DEPS of gtkglext?
>
> It's part of mingwrt, and there seem to be some others (winspool
> comctl32 comdlg32) missing in the glib/gtk pkg-config trail.

Okay, this makes it actually easier for us.

> I can see them in the Makefile.am, but my autotools-fu isn't up to
> tracing this through to the final *.pc files. I *think* there should
> be a PKG_CHECK_MODULES in configure.ac that eventually populates
> GTK_EXTRA_LIBS, but then I get lost.

Indeed, the cleanest way would be to add certain libs in configure.ac
in case a WIN32 or MINGW system is detected.

However, this is only worth the trouble if you get in touch with upstream,
and if upstream is interested in actually incorporating such a portability
fix.

> The easier way though, is just to patch the *.pc.in files. If you're
> happy with that approach, I'll send through some updates for the other
> missing ones.

This is what we do in other packages, too. These are mostly SED actions,
as those changes aren't portable in any way. But a separate patch file
might also be a good idea.

However, Mark just fixed that issue in the glib library:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/a525a556e97d

So I guess your problem has just been solved. :-)

Greets,
Volker

--
Volker Grabsch