Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gdk-pixbuf error in librsvg

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gdk-pixbuf error in librsvg
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:39:31 +0200

I'm getting the following error with librsvg on Ubuntu:

checking whether to build the GDK-Pixbuf SVG loader... yes
checking for GDK_PIXBUF... yes
checking for gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders... none
configure: error: gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders not found in path

Looking through the gdk-pixbuf log, there's lots of these warnings:

libtool: link: Could not determine host path corresponding to
libtool: link:   `/home/tonytheodore/mingw-cross-env/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin'
libtool: link: Continuing, but uninstalled executables may not work.

The --disable-pixbuf-loader option fixes it, but it's been explicitly
enabled so I'm not sure if that's the best thing. Maybe we need a
native build step in gdk-pixbuf?

Hmm. I didn't see that error, obviously because I have a native gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders:

checking whether to build the GDK-Pixbuf SVG loader... yes
checking for GDK_PIXBUF... yes
checking for gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders... /usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders

The documentation [1] says that this utility "..collects information about loadable modules for gdk-pixbuf and writes it to the default cache file location..". I wonder if these modules are some kind of shared library like plugins in Qt. In that case, maybe this utility isn't really relevant to our static situation. This suggests that --disable-pixbuf-loader (which is the default) is the right choice, but my understanding of this is meager.

I also wonder about what happens to these "modules" in our static build.

Does anybody know about the option "--disable-modules disable dynamic module loading" in gdk-pixbuf and gtk?

[1] http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk-pixbuf/stable/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.html

Mark